Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wishful Wednesday


Today is Wednesday and that means I get to share a dream or wish I've always had.

Recently, I have started to love my job more and more. I think it's because I'm starting to learn minute details about specific types of cases or particular lawyers. My "mentor" won't be there over the summer which leaves me and another person (whom I don't trust) to do her work. I know it's not even spring break, but you'd be surprised at how much there is to learn! Plus, it's easier to get all the information up front, then practice it with the remaining time left. No worries though...my boss will still be there over the summer. I just want to learn how to figure this stuff out more on my own!

But all this new stuff is making me think about my previous dreams of law school. Before I got into my broadcast program in high school, I was dead set on going to Princeton then Harvard Law. The oldest grandchild on my father's side of the family went to Princeton for her undergrad and I always wanted to follow in her footsteps. Then Legally Blonde came out and Harvard Law came into my head. Plus, who wouldn't want to go to court in a bright pink suit?! 

I think I like law because it's like trying to figure out a puzzle or riddle in order to win a case. Producing is like putting the pieces of a puzzle together but you get to make the puzzle be whatever your heart desires. They're both fun, but I think I like the pressure of being in a newsroom more. I don't know why I want to stress myself out for the rest of my life, but hey, if I like it...I like it.

I'm thinking I definitely made the right decision to go into Journalism though. After hearing about 3 to 5 to 8 hour exams from my "mentor" Lynsie, who is in her second year of law school, I don't think I could handle it. :)




1 comment:

  1. You will do fine over the summer. I promise and just remember that I will only be a phone call a way! Or you can leave Columbia and just come to see me.

    ReplyDelete