Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Refreshed

As I post almost every week in my wordpress blog for my classes, I always feel the urge to blog about "non-professional" things that happen in my daily life. Thus, I decided to take this blog back up and make it my personal one where I can share pictures and update it based on non-journalistic things.

To catch up, I've been cleared to start working at the station for reporting and also anchoring morning headlines during breaks from network morning shows. I'm pretty excited! I got a lot of positive feedback from my professor while "practicing" for the anchoring stuff. And the professor doesn't usually make positive comments.
That's my teacher.
He's quite intimidating but the class is starting to see the "softer" side of him and when we had anchoring practice, I realized I am never going to have a teacher that cares that much about how well I do. 

I made my schedule for the first semester of my senior year of college. Talk about scary! I have an amazing schedule next semester and while I applied for an internship for the summer, I decided to stay in Columbia and take the next broadcast class. This will allow more time for me to hone in on my producing skills. 

This past weekend I decided to try something new and went home with a friend, Lynsie. She lives in the country. When I say country, I mean she just bought a house and 28 acres and she has a barn. (I had never seen cows up close before!) It was a blast. I experienced so many new things like shooting a gun, riding and driving a front loader, and eating homemade ice cream! Her family was so sweet. I hope to go back this summer and help with the painting of Lynsie's new house with her family and fiancĂ© Chris (and they are too cute together!). They also had this cute little puppy named Dozer who was so precious. He was like a little baby. But he'll be all grown up next time I see him. 

Here are some pictures of the trip:



Other than that, my life is pretty uneventful right now. I'm getting anxious for Spring Break. I'm headed back to Texas with my roommate Katy to spend a week relaxing and shopping. I'm getting excited for time in warm weather. This cold weather has been around for far too long.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. YAH! I am so glad that you are back. And you better come back this summer. My parents are already talking about it.

    ReplyDelete