Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life Update

I feel like I have been keeping up with the blogging as much as possible but as I have been looking through my photos lately, I've noticed I've missed an event and also want to blog about a few recent ones!


First thing I missed was a trip to the winery! I can't tell you when it happened exactly, but it was a few weekends ago. We met Katy's boyfriend's parents, her boyfriend, his brothers, and a few friends at the winery in Rocheport. It was a lot of fun just sitting outside talking with everyone and munching on a few snacks. I wasn't 21 yet so this meant no wine for me but it was still a fun time. 
Of course this meant Katy and I got to get a little dressed up and made for some great photo opportunities! We hung around the winery for a few hours then everyone but me and Katy rode their backs back to town (about a 40 minute ride) while Katy and I tried to explore downtown Rocheport. However, according to other people, we didn't go far enough into town to really see it. Considering we only saw an antique store and a few run down homes, I'd say I bet they were right. Hopefully the next time we go we will actually find what is supposed to be a really cute downtown area! We went back to Katy's boyfriend (Luke)'s house that he shares with his two brothers, another roommate, two dogs, and a cat (my nephew kitty!). The picture of the puppy is the youngest Odom boy with his baby Konah. This picture is just too precious. The rest of the night was spent at the Pasta Factory downtown and back at the Odom's house. I think I ate to much because I ended up calling it an early night after a tummy ache. 

Thursday, April 29th and Friday, April 30th were back to back reporting shifts for me. I did two different stories with only an 8 hour break from the station in two days. Yikes. I'll post links to the stories on YouTube when I get time to upload them to the site. 

Then on Friday it was Lynsie's birthday! Since our birthdays were so close, we ended up sort of celebrating them together! We went to Jazz for dinner on Friday with Sara and Claudia Meadows (Claudia works in my department at work and Sara used to work there). I was so excited when they gave me my present!  I have been asking for years for an edible arrangement from my parents and they got me one! I was so excited. There's nothing left of it now, but it was yummy! We took a few pictures at the table, but they all came out blurry, so we took one outside the restaurant. It was a lot of fun! I'm very thankful for such sweet friends.

Then at midnight, I turned 21! I took my first legal shot a little after midnight but since I had been on a reporting marathon, I passed out early. I was exhausted. 11 hours of sleep in 48 hours wasn't going to cut it! But the next morning was filled with mimosas and presents from Katy! I knew about the Anberlin tickets but the card they came in was too precious! Absolutely perfectly describes the relationship I have with Katy. She also got me a cup and a tiara. The tiara is an annual thing and the cup may sound weird, but it made perfect sense to us. I sometimes like to bring iced tea in my current water bottle but later, no matter how much I wash it, the part I drink out of tastes like tea. But with this cup, it won't taste like tea for the next few days! I love it. 

I went to lunch with Lynsie and Katy (Sara and Claudia were at a Cardinals game) at Chili's. We celebrated Lynsie's birthday as well so I brought a tiara for her too :). It was really yummy and we got to get two free desserts since we were celebrating two birthdays. It was fun! I also got to get my first legal drink - a Strawberry Margarita!
Katy and I then went to Rolla to see our favorite band! It was a blast! It completely ruined the CD because it was so much better live! It was only my second concert other than the Backstreet Boys in 5th grade. And Katy is way better of a chaperone than my dad :) Three other bands played but we weren't as familiar with them as we are with Anberlin. But it was lots of fun and I mean who doesn't love spending time with Katy? 


Yesterday was my last broadcast 2 class. It was kind of sad because I came so far from thinking my teacher was going to eat me to being able to joke around with him. I know I'll be seeing him this summer and in the future at the station so I'm not as sad as I thought I would have been though. We had a party in our lab and had tons of cookies, popcorn, and soda. This is my lab minus two people. One had a reporting shift so she wasn't there and the other had to leave early. But we had lots of fun and I'm glad I was able to come a little more out of my shell to bond a little bit more with them than I would have if my shell hadn't come off.

Yesterday was also a happy day because I found out I have a cow named after me! Lynsie's parents bought cows and I had mentioned that I thought they should get a white cow and name it Maggie! It's not a white one but it's light tan which is like me! Lynsie's mom said in a week or two I'll be able to feed it and pet it. I'm so excited. I'm definitely going to have to talk to Lynsie and find a time for me to come see baby Maggie! 

Now that I've gotten all that out, I'm headed off to work! Hope you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment