Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

Since I finally have a few minutes (while recording my lecture instead of taking notes), I'm finally going to post about my life recently and what's to come in the near future. Because I have so many pictures, I'm just going to put them randomly throughout the post rather than all at the bottom. (This picture is carpet. Weird I know but it was too cute!)

This past weekend I went back to Texas to see a friend. I've already explained why I went (for his formal) in a previous blog (Long time no blog) so I'm not going to explain it again.

I left Missouri Thursday after classes and got into Abilene, Texas in the evening. When I landed, I swear I thought I was in Columbia still. It was in the middle of nowhere with around the same number of residents. Too creepy. (More carpet, but it's of my favorite city in the world!)

The rest of the trip was spent meeting his friends and just hanging out. It was a nice break from the busy week I had last week trying to prep for the weekend and it was a nice start to this week, which is incredibly busy as well.


Saturday was the formal at the Gaylord Texan Resort. I've been there once before over the summer while I was in Texas for two weeks. (The star is the top of the ceiling in the middle of the Gaylord. This -> picture is of me and my roommate when we were there over the summer. No, we did not mean to match) There was a dinner theatre and it was quite funny. Of course, I laugh at anything. TD said it was "cute" but I don't care what he thinks. I thought it was funny. They involved the audience and it was a mystery. It was fun and the food was yummy too. It was a nice refresher on what utensil to use for which course. :)

This is obviously me and the guy is obviously the friend I visited. This was taken in the middle of the resort. They have very Texas things in the middle (like the Alamo behind us) and other cute fountains and resauratnts. I've already looked into getting married there. And of course, I had to take a vertical picture as well to remember some day what dress I was wearing.

After a few bumps in the road regarding travel plans, I came home a little early on Sunday. I have yet to unpack. I hate unpacking more than I hate packing (and I take days to pack). 

There's nothing that new other than last weekend going on in my life right now. I'm trying to figure out some fun things to do this summer while I'm in Columbia. I'm thinking a vacation to Martha's Vineyard is a must. My Aunt has a house there and I spent many summers there as a young kid, went on a hiatus, then went back a few times since being in college. It reminded me how much I love my family and how much I love the simple lifestyle of the Vineyard. 

Besides doing homework/papers, sleeping, working, and being at the station, I've been keeping up with the countdown to my birthday. So far, 17 days left. Katy got tickets for us to see Anberlin on my birthday in Missouri and I'm so excited. It'll be only my second concert ever (other than Backstreet Boys in 5th grade), it's on my 21st birthday, and I'm going with my best friend! Plus I love the band. Duh. Before the concert, I want to have a birthday lunch with a few girlfriends and celebrate with them. Lynsie's birthday is the day before mine so we decided yesterday to make it a celebration for both of us! :) It's going to be fun. I'm sure there will be tons of pictures!

I've tried to make this blog a long one since I don't have anything else to do for the next hour and a half of class, but I'm running out of things to write about. Fine. I'll pay attention.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for our birthday weekend. It is going to be a blast (that is until I have to go back to studying for finals ... stupid law school trying to ruin my birthday.

    PS so glad that you are back from Texas

    ReplyDelete