Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1 - 30 Day Blog Challenge


Day 1 - Introduce, recent picture of yourself, and 15 interesting facts


This is me. 
Margaret Alisha Contreras. 
...but only my mother can call me that.


15 "Interesting" Facts:

1. I graduate from the Missouri School of Journalism (the #1 J-School in the world...no really. Look it up) on May 13, 2011. I ordered graduation announcements and bought my cap and gown today...the day that marks two months from my 22nd birthday. I was the girl hyperventilating at the check out...and not from sticker shock.

2. I have a 7-year-old miniature schnauzer who currently lives with my parents in New Hampshire. Her name is Dutchess and she's my baby. She follows me everywhere I go and looks for me when I leave. But...maybe that's because I'm the one that gives her six too many treats each day I'm home. 

3. I am a producer for TV news. Currently, I produce at the local NBC affiliate here in Columbia, MO, KOMU-8. I plan to continue producing for a station in a warmer climate (unknown as of yet) when I graduate. 

4. I have a ring that I wear every date. It's a cross with a heart on it from James Avery (the jeweler). I bought it when my grandfather got sick and passed away three years ago this month. It's my little piece of him that I carry with me every day.

5. I have one tattoo. It's my grandfather's initials (A.E.C. Jr.) on my left wrist. It's another way to remember him every day and take him with me wherever I go. If you couldn't tell already... we were really close.

6. Aside from producing, I work at a local law firm part time. I love everything about what I do from the work to the people. I met one of my best friends through this job and many other amazing people. It'll be sad to leave them all come May/June.

7. Speaking of best friends, I have three of them. Get over it. I don't believe in having just one best friend. 

8. I'm half Mexcian, a quarter Polish, and a quarter French. I obviously show more of my Mexcian side as far as physical features go, but I don't know a lick of Spanish, other than taco, enchilada, tortilla, and margarita (all the necessities, right?!). I'm also a picky eater so a lot of Mexican food doesn't appeal to me. I just sum it up to people by putting it simply: I'm a horrible Mexican. 

9. My favorite color combination is pink and black. I like it so much, that everything I own is usually one of those two colors. Doesn't sound so bad... except it's quite difficult finding things in my room when they all blend together. 

10. I'm on a health kick right now. I'm eating healthier foods and working out with Jillian Michaels on DVD every day (so far). I have a few big events coming up which require me to get my butt kicked by Jill so it gets back into shape.

11. One of those events is a cruise to Mexico! My roommate (and one of my best friends) Katy and I are going for our senior year spring break. We're stopping in Progresso and Cozumel. In Progresso, we're learning how to make authentic Mexican salsa and guacamole (which I already sort of know how to do) and how to salsa dance all while drinking margaritas! In Cozumel, we're swimming with dolphins! I can't wait to get a nice tan and have lots of fun with Katy while I still can, because let's be real... the real world isn't as fun as college.

12. The other event is another best friend's wedding. Lynsie is marrying her high school sweetheart in September and she asked me to be her Maid of Honor! I'm incredibly excited and feel so honored that she asked me to be her right hand (wo)man. Her wedding colors are black and pink. It's a match made in Heaven.

13. I'm the oldest of two in my family. I have a baby brother Mathew Alexander who just turned 14 in February. He's already a good 6 inches taller than me and can give me piggy back rides (which I plan to take full advantage of) but he'll always be my baby brudder.

14. I'm a Mac person (and no, it's not because those are my initials). I had to get a Mac for school (a requirement of the J-School) and there's no turning back now. I just find them so much more user-friendly. I also have the iPhone which only deepens my love for Mac and dislike for anything PC.

15. I have several "second families" (as well as one heck of an amazing "first" family). All three of my best friends' families adopted me into their households and I love them all. I have the Gabels here in Missouri, the Goodmans in Texas, and a second mother who is currently living in New York. But I also have an aunt who half raised me. We were best friends while I was growing up and know I can talk to her about anything. Thanks for everything, Aunt Haley. 


Until Day 2....



No comments:

Post a Comment