Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Weekend in the Country

I got some much needed fresh air this weekend. As always, it was amazing.

I finally got to meet the other bridesmaid in Lynsie's wedding party! She has quite the cute 4 year old too :). We met with the woman who is making the bridesmaids dresses so she could talk with Lynsie regarding what she wanted and she took our measurements too. Her house was so cute! It was very antique-y. Gorgeous.

The Howell County Fair was in town the same time I was so Lynsie and I went to the fair together! I love fairs and haven't been to a county fair in years! I also went to my first truck pull!

It was an interesting experience to say the least. It threatened to storm, but luckily it didn't! We didn't stay too long though. Some of the rides didn't sit well with our stomachs.

Saturday was spent in Springfield! Lynsie, her mom, and I were wedding dress shopping! I must say, the dress Lynsie chose (the first one she tried on!) is the perfect dress for her. It's simply gorgeous. 

Of course I also got to see two of my favorite puppies! 

Boots isn't very photogenic...unless he has a hanger around his head. I guess dogs are like children and would rather play with things like boxes and hangers than expensive toys...or in this case, bones :) And of course, Dozer kept a very close eye on the other pups to make sure he got the most attention :)



Lynsie's garden also produced its first tomato and I got the honor of picking it! There were also cucumbers! I think I'm going to need a cucumber garden some time in the future to handle the amount of cucumbers I eat!



It was an amazing weekend, as always! I learned a lot about car maintenance while getting ready to leave, which is nice for my upcoming trip! 

I love love love the county. But I did happen to see this on my way home and it made me giggle inside. Gotta love the outdoorsy types!





No comments:

Post a Comment