Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go

This summer at work has been a whirlwind but it's slowly starting to calm down...sort of.

I work for a law firm prepping documents for court cases we either go to or have a local attorney in that area attend. We work in 4 states: Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Before the summer, I had started to work more on the Missouri cases than just entering documents. This means more time spent communicating with Courts and Attorneys.

Then the summer started...

The two people who worked on prepping documents left - one for good and one just for the summer - leaving me to do all four states as well as entering documents. I was swamped.

But for the first time all summer, I'm a day ahead. I'm so excited that I am continuing to work so that it stays that way when I leave next week for two weeks. I feel bad for my manager who will only have two people at a time during the two weeks I'm gone. It seems it's prime time for people in our department to go on vacation!

I'm quite pleased with the summer, even with all of the stress and worry it caused me. I've learned a lot and started to make more decisions on my own without consulting my manager (which is a good thing most of the time). I was also named Employee of the Month last month and was quite proud that not only did others notice I was working my butt off, but they recognized it to the entire office.

I'm looking forward to this next semester. I have several days that I will be working with Lynsie and I am excited for her to come back and teach me more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment